ASCL is working with EqualiTeach, a not-for-profit provider of equality and diversity training and consultancy services for businesses, local authorities, schools and education settings. Their mission is to inspire and empower people to create equal, diverse and inclusive environments where everyone feels safe, valued and able to succeed.
EqualiTeach offers a package, called Where are we now
, which provides everything that a school needs to start to strategically develop their equality, diversity and inclusion work, including:
- template letters and surveys for staff, pupils and parents and carers with accompanying guidance
- a self-evaluation audit tool which allows schools to assess their strengths and weaknesses with regards to EDI across all aspects of school life
- a template EDI policy
For schools which need additional support, EqualiTeach offer an enhanced package, including an EqualiTeach Representative to work with the school to:
- review and strengthen policies and procedures which relate to EDI
- review the results of the audit and surveys
- meet with the school to conduct a two-hour action-planning meeting to devise next steps
Find out more here
, including how to access a 10% discount as an ASCL member.
From Spring 2023, EqualiTeach will offer a subscription service, EqualiTeach Empowered
, which provides a onestop shop for all schools’ equality, diversity and inclusion needs. ASCL members can claim a 20% discount for for this service.