Leaders within the Primary phase
"The advice that ASCL provides is much more strategic than my previous union. The updates and resources are great and on the two occasions that I've needed direct support it's been excellent and completely relevant to my context. I wouldn't hesitate to encourage other SLT members in primary schools to join." Headteacher, South East England
ASCL has been welcoming senior leaders from the primary phase into membership for over five years.
Many primary leaders join us when they see the support that colleagues elsewhere within their trust receive or after seeing our specialist team
and support resources at events.
The primary education landscape is changing rapidly.
School leaders are dealing with rising expectations and falling budgets, new accountability measures, changes to curriculum and assessment, decisions about how to become an academy or join formal partnerships, teacher shortages, concerns over workload – not to mention the day job of providing a high-quality education.
In addition to our excellent trade union support
and professional association benefits, ASCL offers dedicated additional membership benefits for colleagues working in the primary sector including:
- dedicated support from our primary leadership specialist
- regular updates which tackle the important issues in primary education
- a suite of practical guidance and advice created to support primary leaders
- support for those moving into system leadership roles such as executive headteachers and MAT CEOs
- information on the bigger picture of leadership, such as effective distributed leadership, smarter use of data, strategic financial planning and improving the quality of teaching